Saturday, June 12, 2004

klepto on the loose

i have been living in a building for the last 9 years. i usually share my room with 1 or 2 other people. i've lost count of how many roommates i've had.

my 2 new roommates moved in last sunday. so its barely a week since we've been together.

this morning when i woke up, my roommates didn't spend the night in our room, instinct told me to check my snoopy piggy bank. counting my money, lo and behold, i realized that P200 was missing.

mygaaaaaaaawd! my new rommmates have the guts to steal from me.

this is not the first time that something has been stolen from me. the first time was way back in college but everyone in the building was a victim. the poor girl really needed money. so this makes it the first time that i'm the sole victim.

yes, its just P200 but something stolen is something stolen. i wouldn't have minded if the thief left a note saying: "i borrowed money from your piggy bank. i will pay you back." or she could have texted me. i would have perfectly understood her. but she didn't so this is really theft.

i called my mom to tell her about the incident, and man, was she furious. she suggested that i rent the place alone but i told her my measly salary can't afford it. she didn't want to send me money to pay for my rent either. so we were back to square one. she suggested that i put a padlock in all my cabinets (now i have to buy 5 padlocks) which i agreed to do. she also told me to go home early next week and observe my roommates.

i also told my psychiatrist friend about this and she asked me to describe my rommmates. her conclusion: they are her prospective patients. hahaha.

what else will i lose next? my jewellery, just when my mom gave me whole lotta necklaces and bracelets last january? my watches that i line up on top of my cabinet? my panty? my bra?

i've squeezed in all my stuff in one cabinet (you can just imagine what it looks like) because i only have one padlock available (oh, so that makes it 4 to-be-bought padlocks only).

let's see what happens in the next few days. i've placed a fashion jewellery on top of my cabinet as bait. i've also placed on note on their cabinets and the last sentence reads: "I'm mad."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home